Massage, as a form of therapy, affects more than the body; it can also deliver powerful benefits to the mind and spirit. It offers physical, emotional and mental relaxation. Regular massage can help with pain relief, stress relief, help to regulate blood pressure, boost the immunity system, increase circulation, as well as help to improve posture and flexibility. By using targeted strokes during a massage, it is possible for the massage therapist to help the client relax and achieve both short and long term pain relief.
- People who have regular massages are better able to deal with stress and are generally more "even keeled”
- Massage helps with blood circulation by stimulating the skin and muscles, in turn helping to eliminate waste products and generally enhancing the body’s circulation
- Regular massage can boost the immune system, by helping stimulate the flow of fluid in the lymph system. People who have regular massages are subject to fewer colds, illnesses and infections
- Massage helps to improve overall posture and flexibility. It can help keep muscles pain free and allow a fuller range of motion.
- Massage also benefits your emotions; the combined effect of repetitive massage movements not only bring relief to the physical body, but also help to soothe the mind by dispersing negative thoughts.